Masturbation Positive Effects
According to Indiana University’s National Survey Of Sexual Health And Behavior, more than half of American adults report masturbation between one and four times a week. Men masturbate more frequently than women do, and it’s time to change that.
1. You’ll get a healthy dose of dopamine, endorphins and oxytocin. (Feeling down in the dumps? An orgasm might be just what you need to pick yourself up. In addition to endorphins, dopamine and oxytocin are also released during orgasm. All three of these hormones have what Berman terms “mood-enhancing effects.” In fact, dopamine is the same hormone that’s released when individuals use drugs such as cocaine — or eat something really delicious.)
2. Keeps Your Blood Flowing (According to Dr. Jennifer Berman, co-founder of the Female Sexual Medicine Center at UCLA, orgasms increase your circulation, keeping the blood flowing to your genital area. This in turn keeps your tissue healthy!)
3. You won’t get as many junk-food cravings.
4. For men, frequent masturbation improves sperm quality.
5. Women who masturbate regularly are more likely to feel positively about their body.
6. Helps You Sleep (A little pleasure may go a long way towards a good night’s rest. A recent survey of 1,800 women found that over 30 percent of them used sexual release as a natural sedative.)
7. You will feel less pain.(One thing that Victorian practitioners may have been onto is that orgasms can work to soothe certain aches and pains — namely migraines and menstrual cramps)